Catalan Pyrenees: Best Towns
Top Christmas Destination
On the arrival of winter, the Catalan Pyrenees is a perfect destination with its small towns that seem to be a fairy tale with their snowy streets and stone houses. You can enjoy skiing or rural tourism or do a gastronomic route. The important thing is to escape the stress, breathe fresh air and get to know the most beautiful towns and villages of the Catalan Pyrenees. For an amazing stay in the Catalan Pyrenees we offer you the most elegant Luxury Apartments that we have in the nicest towns of the region, so you can enjoy comfort, design and security that BE APARTMENT provides you.
Here is the list of the best towns to visit in the Catalan Pyrenees!
1. Lladurs is located in the interior of the Lleida province, forming part of the Solsonès region, at about 835 meters above the sea level. It´s surrounded by wonderful natural environment, being located between valleys, streams and mountain rivers. One of the most characteristic things is the Medieval architecture and traditional farmhouses spread through the territory forming a kind of singular and beautiful mosaic.
2. Vielha is almost 1,000 meters high and is the capital of the Aran Valley of Lleida. This peaceful village has its serene and traditional look, while being the reference for all the tourists that visit different ski resorts in this area. This commotion of travelers does not take away from Vielha even a hint of its Pyrenean charm.
3. Taüll in Lleida, one of the villages of the Aran Valley that you can not miss if you visit the Catalan Pyrenees. It is curious how a village with less than 300 inhabitants houses 2 gems such as the Church of San Clemente and the Church of Santa María, both proclaimed the World Heritage Sites of Unesco.
4. Llívia in Girona has been surrounded by French territory since the 17th century. It is a quiet and small town with stone houses. It has a Gothic church, which may even seem like a fortress, called 'Mare de Déu dels Àngels de Llívia'. It is accessed by a cobbled road and has a tower that is visible from anywhere in the town and its surroundings. Also, you can not leave Llívia without visiting its Pharmacy that dates back to the 15th century and is converted into a museum, being the oldest pharmacy in Spain.
5. Unha in Lleida is a tiny Aranese village of 125 inhabitants with particular beauty and tranquility. Because of its proximity to other larger towns such as Salardú and Artiés, many travelers forget about it! At the top of the town you will find the Church of Santa Eulàlia de Unha, from the 12th century. It houses a perfect communion between the Romanesque and the Gothic architecture, as well as a collection of unique Romanesque mural paintings. Do not leave this beautiful village without tasting Olla Aranesa (literally, Aranese Pot), an authentic homemade and rural dish of the Aran Valley!
Do not loose the opportunity to enjoy the Pyrenees and our Luxury Apartments by BE APARTMENT, the best luxury apartments in the Pyrenees.